Spent ages fixing my camera, completely redesigned it to work, now WASD, edge scrolling and shift rotate. Had problems with the player, not rotating with the camera but fixed now. Made a kit and it should be on the asset store soon.
In the kit is everything you need to get started in a RTS / Tower Defence Game with my camera kit, completely customisable and easy to change code. Not much else done lol.
I have added edge scrolling for those who love that whole mouse camera complete package system, and a fast forward button for speeding up time (just a tester button for later), and I also added some backend stuff fixs.
Not really much more to say bit of a quick update…
It’s been a while! I got a little bit done today, I started on the money so when a building gets placed down they automatically start adding profits now, also was playing with the placement but still havn’t got it the way I want. I want it to left click to place right click to clear selection.
Still have to fix the time being so dark, another day perhaps. Next will probably be adding more money things in and making top or bottom hud bars. Going to switch soon from Unity GUI. Also moved Save/Load to the middle of the screen.
So I went away for the weekend but in the meantime I got the Time/Date GUI working which took quite a while to work out, mainly the string arrays and how to make it count up. But in the end I got it done. It has made me realise that the game making experience is a learning curve, that may never end. And I’m loving every bit of it. Time scripts are not alot of fun to make it was a massive headache that has been annoying me for while and I thought that I had to get it done now or never.
I also got Ghosting to work on the buildings, which was also a bit of trouble…but it’s working nicely now and grid is working to an extent just not as griddy as I would like, I also have to fix how the time is so dark. The ghosting is permanent too, I have to make a camera button or deselect button, i’ll use the end un-used one for now. Oh and lastly all the new menu graphics have been added too!
The name has been decided woop woop! Big Thank You to Thunderent from the Unity Forums for the name.
Now progress is still slow, as i’m still modeling in maya with the tutorials and even that is slow going. But I will persist! I’ve taken a piccy for your viewing pleasure, I’ve added flaps and the engine back, by the end of tonight I should have the engine pipes, front turbine and maybe the front wind cutter thingo.
I might do a bit-o-coding tonight too, try and add time/date GUI, fix save and something else that’s a secret.
Life has once again gotten in the way so I haven’t really done anything, I’ve changed some game variables and may change the way the game is play’d. But I may keep the gravity switch mechanics, I’m keen to add levels and a template for levels soon. Also sprites! I’ve been watching videos and getting tips ‘Baldie and Hairy’ may very well change alot soon.